Employment Opportunities (2)
Production Stage Manager
(September 2013 - May 2014)
The Florentine Opera Company of Milwaukee Wisconsin, seeks an AGMA Production Stage Manager for a seasonal, full time position encompassing both AGMA (3 productions) and non-AGMA event management from approximately 9-3-13 through 11-15-13; 1-7-14 through 5/16-14. The qualified individual will possess prior experience in opera stage management in a union environment and demonstrate excellent music reading skills. The PSM will manage all aspects of rehearsals, 2 ASM’s, chorus and supernumeraries. The PSM will produce daily rehearsal schedules and reports, fitting schedules, as well as all of the running paperwork for the production crew. The ideal candidate will call all shows with an eye towards promptness, efficiency and safety, as well as maintain all AGMA
requirements for cast and chorus.
Please submit resume and three references to Noele Stollmack, Director of Design and Production, The Florentine Opera Company, email:email@example.com. Equal opportunity employer.
(Currently seeking intern for Summer 2013)
This internship is a wonderful opportunity for college students to learn about the process and procedures of marketing in the non-profit arts sector. The Marketing Intern reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications and assists the Florentine Opera administrative staff in a variety of areas.
- Assist with preparation for the 2013-2014 season communications
- Assist with maintaining communications with press and media
- Assist with communications project fulfillment
- Assist in planning and executing special events
- Attend regular departmental meetings
- Candidates should be pursuing an undergraduate degree in Communications, Journalism or Liberal Arts.
- Candidates should be highly motivated and have the ability to work independently.
To apply, email resume and cover letter with the subject line "ATTN: Marketing Internship Summer 2013".