Position Announcement: Annual Campaign Manager
The Florentine Opera Company is Wisconsin’s oldest fully professional performing arts organization and the sixth-oldest opera company in the United States. The company presents mainstage operatic productions at the Marcus Center in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and the @ THE CENTER series at the Wayne and Kristine Lueders Florentine Opera Center in Milwaukee Riverwest Neighborhood.
The Annual Fund Manager will be responsible for the management of our annual fund campaigns, including direct mail and the spring campaign; creating new biographical constituents for donors and prospects and maintaining biographical and financial information; stewarding and cultivating donors; and participating in Florentine cultivation and fundraising events. Supporting active participation in the United Performing Arts Fund activities also falls to this team member.
The Annual Campaign Manager will successfully:
- Help implement the Company’s Annual Campaign, including active participation in the United Performing Arts Fund campaign.
- Assist in meeting donor reporting requirements in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain the Company’s Grants & Reports calendar and research and identify new sources of funding.
- Process contributions, acknowledgment letters, customer profile updates, call reports and mailing lists. Monitor and maintain accurate donor listings and sponsorship recognition.
- Work on the company’s Annual Gala and other donor cultivation/stewardship events, including guest lists and vendor and committee relations.
- Support other projects as assigned.
- Administer Development Committee meetings; prepare handouts and supporting materials, and circulate minutes in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Marketing and Communications staff to recognize donors and develop and distribute communications pieces related to fundraising.
The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational, analytical, and writing skills along with a knack for making a compelling case for support. Ability to write reports and proposals in a clear, concise, and easy-to-read manner. We are specifically looking for someone with strong interpersonal skills interested in a quickly evolving organization.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years prior, proven experience in fund development
- Strong organizational and communication skills and attention to accuracy, details, and deadlines.
- Time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to take initiative with minimal supervision.
- Computer literate. Especially in fundraising databases/software with fluency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of organizational stakeholders, including staff, volunteers, board members and community leaders.
- Adherence to industry code of ethics and donor confidentiality.
- An interest and passion for serving the non-profit arts and creative sector.
Reports to: Director of Advancement
To apply:Submit your resume and three professional references, along with a writing sample (fundraising letter appeal, grant application, sponsorship proposal etc.) to email@example.com, with the subject line Attn: Annual Campaign Manager Position.
Posted 4/11/19 — Active until filled