We are currently seeking candidates for 3 positions:
Box Office and Patron Services Manager
Full-time Position Opening
Organizational Profile As the sixth oldest American opera company, the Florentine Opera Company builds upon eighty-one years of artistic excellence to create and stage productions spanning the entire operatic timeline. The Florentine Opera performs at the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts, The Sharon Lynne Wilson Center, The Wayne & Kristine Lueders Florentine Opera Center, and throughout the community.
Position Overview The Florentine Opera is seeking a Box Office and Patron Services Manager who will manage all facets of the Florentine’s box office, database management and customer service. This high-energy professional will be a key team member of the Advancement Department that includes marketing, communications, public relations, fundraising, patron and donor services and box office. This position reports to the General Director and Director of Marketing & Communications.
Experience Required- One or two years related experience and/or training; related degree from a technical school, college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Provide all customer service regarding ticketing
- In-house management of all season, single, and group ticket sales, exchanges and donations
- Management of ticket inventories
- Coordinate with Director of Development to secure outside telemarketing plan and contract.
- Oversee theater operations including ticket sales and venue staff support
- Coordinate with venues regarding handling of marketing materials
- Compile financial reports for single and season tickets
- Participate in the design of season and single ticket marketing and mailing materials
- Maintain ticket sales website (Archtics/Ticketmaster)
- Act as liaison between the Florentine Opera and the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts and Milwaukee Ballet Co. to assure the Florentine Opera’s needs and interests are represented accurately and met in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with development to ensure accurate recordkeeping and tracking of all gifts made.
- Assist finance department with ledger reconciliations.
- Attend continuing education opportunities provided by the Archtics and provide information to staff members as necessary.
Archtics (Ticketmaster) Database Management specific responsibilities
- Construct all performance events in Ticketmaster’s ticketing system
- Record all incomes in Archtics (ticketing & donations)
- Train staff and trouble shoot concerns regarding the Archtics database
- Manage security access control
- Create and generate lists, accounting reports and statistical analysis
- Create, maintain, and provide back-up on Marketing and PR campaigns, and sources
- Create, maintain, and provide back-up on Development campaigns, appeals, funds and sources
- Create, maintain, and provide back-up on Education and Community event fee recording and tracking
- Participate in development of new Milwaukee Archtics partner standards for data entry and processing
The above listed duties are not all inclusive. This position is expected to perform other work related duties as assigned even though they may not be considered primary duties.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Proficient with ticketing systems, Archtics experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Windows, and MS Office.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Performing arts experience preferred but not required.
Compensation and Benefits- The Florentine offers a competitive salary and benefit package including health/vision/dental insurance, 403(b), generous vacation and holidays, and complementary performance tickets.
How to Apply- This position is available Oct 6, 2014. Interviews begin immediately. Email resume, references and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “ATTN: Box Office 2014″. The Florentine Opera Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Marketing Intern (2)
(Currently Seeking Intern for Fall 2014)
This internship is a wonderful opportunity for college students to learn about the process and procedures of marketing in the non-profit arts sector. The Marketing Intern reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications and assists the Florentine Opera administrative staff in a variety of areas.
- Assist with preparation for the 2014-2015 season events
- Assist with maintaining communications with press and media
- Assist with communications project fulfillment
- Assist in planning and executing special events
- Attend regular departmental meetings
- Candidates should be pursuing an undergraduate/graduate degree in Communications, Journalism, Non-Profit Management or Liberal Arts.
- Candidates should be highly motivated and have the ability to work independently.
To apply, email resume and cover letter with the subject line “ATTN: Marketing Internships 2014″.