We are currently seeking candidates for 2 positions:
Box Office & Patron Services Manager
(Currently Seeking Full Time for Dec./Jan.)
The Florentine Opera is seeking a Box Office and Patron Services Manager who will manage all facets of the Florentine’s box office, database management and customer service. This high-energy professional will be a key team member of the Marketing and Development Departments with responsibilities in the areas of marketing, communications, public relations, fundraising, patron and donor services and box office. This position reports to the General Director and Director of Marketing & Communications.
- ExperienceOne or two years related experience and/or training; related degree from a technical school, college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Position Responsibilities
- Provide all customer service regarding ticketing
- In-house management of all season, single, and group ticket sales, exchanges and donations
- Management of ticket inventories
- Coordinate with Director of Development to secure outside telemarketing plan and contract.
- Oversee theater operations including ticket sales and venue staff support
- Coordinate with venues regarding handling of marketing materials
- Compile financial reports for single and season tickets
- Participate in the design of season and single ticket marketing and mailing materials
- Maintain ticket sales website (Archtics/Ticketmaster)
- Act as liaison between the Florentine Opera and the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts and Milwaukee Ballet Co. (an Archtics/Ticketmaster affiliated arts group) to assure the Florentine Opera’s needs and interests are represented accurately and met in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with development to ensure accurate recordkeeping and tracking of all gifts made.
- Assist finance department with ledger reconciliations.
- Attend continuing education opportunities provided by Ticketmaster and provide information to staff members as necessary.
- Archtics (Ticketmaster) Database Management specific responsibilities
- Construct all performance events in Ticketmaster’s ticketing system
- Record all incomes in Archtics (ticketing & donations)
- Train staff and trouble shoot concerns regarding the Archtics database
- Manage security access control
- Create and generate lists, accounting reports and statistical analysis
- Create, maintain, and provide back-up on Marketing and PR campaigns, and sources
- Create, maintain, and provide back-up on Development campaigns, appeals, funds and sources
- Create, maintain, and provide back-up on Education and Community Engagement event fees; recording and tracking
- Participate in development of new Milwaukee Archtics partner standards for data entry and processing
The above listed duties are not all inclusive. This position is expected to perform other work related duties as assigned even though they may not be considered primary duties.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Proficient with ticketing systems, Archtics experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Windows, and MS Office.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Performing arts experience preferred but not required.
Compensation and Benefits
The Florentine offers a competitive salary and benefit package including health/vision/dental insurance, 403(b), generous vacation and holidays, and complementary performance tickets.
How to Apply
This position is available December 16, 2015. Interviews begin immediately.
Email resume, references and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org “ATTN: Florentine Opera Employment/Box Office”.
The Florentine Opera Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
(Currently Seeking Intern for Fall 2015)
This internship is a wonderful opportunity for college students to learn about the process and procedures of marketing in the non-profit arts sector. The Marketing Intern reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications and assists the Florentine Opera administrative staff in a variety of areas.
- Assist with preparation for the summer and 2015-2016 season events
- Assist with maintaining communications with press and media
- Assist with communications project fulfillment
- Assist in planning and executing special events, box office tasks and fulfillment
- Attend regular departmental meetings
- Candidates should be pursuing an undergraduate/graduate degree in Communications, Journalism, Non-Profit Management or Liberal Arts
- Candidates should be highly motivated and have the ability to work independently
To apply, email resume and cover letter with the subject line “ATTN: Florentine Opera Internships 2015”.