The Florentine Opera Studio, started in 2008, provides full time employment for four emerging artists each season. Chosen by competitive national audition, these singers perform roles on the mainstage, in schools, and for more than 25,000 people throughout our community. In addition, they receive advanced training through masterclasses, coaching, and lessons. Alumni of the Studio Artist program are singing with companies in Europe and the United States, as well as taking leadership positions with opera companies throughout the country.
Florentine Opera Studio Artists participating in the program will have the following opportunities in 2015 - 2016:
- Perform in mainstage productions
- Featured in Romance Español , a revue featuring performances of beloved opera arias and songs inspired by Latin music and culture.
- Perform in the @ The Center Series, at the Wayne and Kristine Lueders Florentine Opera Center in Riverwest
- Perform principal roles for in-school touring opera
- Participate in master classes with world renowned guest master teachers
- Receive individual coaching with Florentine artistic staff
- Participate in community engagement and education programs
- Serve as mentors in High School Masterclass program
- Network and perform at Florentine Opera events
The Florentine Opera Studio provides season-long, comprehensive artist-in-residence employment for talented singers beginning their professional careers, while serving the mainstage, education and community engagement goals of the Florentine Opera Company. From each September through May, the Florentine Opera Studio allows promising singers experience and training to facilitate their professional growth in the opera art form.
Each season, four singers (soprano, mezzo, tenor, baritone/bass) participate in this program. As a key component of the experience, these Studio Artists have the opportunity to sing supporting and comprimario roles during the opera season. Additionally, artists perform for education and community outreach initiatives and the Florentine's in-school touring opera program, serving over 26,000 students in K4-5th grade each school year. Each Studio Artists also has the opportunity to gain continuing training and career advice through masterclasses and coachings with visiting artists and master teachers.
Applications are available on YapTracker.com
in January of each year.