Donald and Donna Baumgartner
Studio Artist Program and Summer Concert Residency
2018-2019 Program Information
The Florentine Opera provides both a summer and season-long, comprehensive artist-in-residence employment for talented singers beginning their professional careers, while serving the performance goals of the Florentine Opera Company. The Baumgartner Studio Artist Program allows promising singers experience and training to facilitate their professional growth in the opera art form. Each summer and production season, four singers (soprano, mezzo, tenor, baritone/bass) participate in these programs.
Baumgartner Studio Artist Program Basics
- September 2018 – May 2019
- Full-time artist residency
- Baumgartner Studio Artists will perform supporting roles, and/or sing in the chorus, in the Florentine Opera’s main-stage productions.
- Featured in the subscription series concert.
- Baumgartner Studio Artists will also perform roles in the school tour production.
- Additional performances include, but are not limited to:
- Performing at Florentine Opera community engagement events.
- Performing at Board meetings and various donor events throughout the season.
- Coach music with members of the Florentine Opera’s music staff.
- Baumgartner Studio Artists must be available to participate in the program for the entire length of the contract dates.
Summer Concert Residency Program Basics
- June and July 2018
- Part-time artist residency (mandatory participation in all performances and coachings)
- Perform at Florentine Opera community engagements events.
- Master class opportunities
- Coach with the Florentine Opera’s music staff.
- Artists for either program receive a weekly stipend and furnished housing in a shared house. Each singer will be provided with his or her own private bedroom.
Application and Audition Information
For any questions, please contact Lisa Hanson, Director of Artistic Administration at email@example.com