Spring Sing | Herzfeld Spring Challenge
In honor of the Florentine Opera’s 80th Anniversary, your gift will truly help us sing! The Herzfeld Foundation and the Florentine’s Board of Directors are teaming up to triple the impact of Spring gifts to end this spectacular season in the black.
Inspired by increased participation last season, the Herzfeld Foundation has doubled their spring gift and challenged us to add more voices to the ‘Chorus of a Thousand Supporters.’ Ticket sales alone cover only a fraction of our costs. Individual contributions fuel our engagement in the community and make us a great opera company, enriching a great city.
Every new, increased or extra gift that you give, before the curtain falls on this milestone season, will be matched by the Herzfeld Foundation and the Florentine Opera Board until we reach our $150,000 Spring Challenge Goal.
No voice is too big or too small,
so sing your passion for opera with a gift today.
To learn more please do not hesitate to contact Eric Lind at 414-291-5700 x225 or Jillian Bruss at 414-291-5700 x212 with any questions, or to make a 2013-2014 gift.
- More than 17,000 students experienced the magic of opera and learned to always tell the truth with Pinocchio, The Educational Touring Opera!
- Our campus grew to include the Kate & Don Wilson Casa di Opera, building more prestige into the Florentine’s Studio Artist Program and catching the attention of Milwaukee Magazine as an enviable “Dream Home” in the Riverwest Neighborhood. Link http://www.milwaukeemag.com/article/412014-HouseofCords
- With our ever-growing partnership with the Riverwest neighborhood, more people are visiting us at the Opera Center, for events such as scene showcase recitals; meet the cast parties; film screenings; student workshops; the @ the Center concert series and Florentine Family Day events.
- Milwaukee’s newest Young Professionals group, The Boheme Society, is kicking off and networking to build the next generation of opera lovers.
- Florentine Opera productions are traveling all over the world in recent seasons, including rentals to Tulsa Opera, Manitoba Opera, Vancouver Opera, Cleveland Opera, Nashville Opera, Austin Lyric Opera, Virginia Opera, Palm Beach Opera, Opera Carolina and the Cincinatti Opera!
- In the balance between great classics and new opera, the 2014-15 Season heightens local creativity with all new Florentine original productions! Link to: http://www.florentineopera.org/performances/main-stage-performances/
Charitable Giving Keeps Us Singing
From our roots as the Italian Opera Chorus in 1933, our company has flourished to become today’s Grammy Award-winning Florentine Opera Company. Celebrating our 80th year, we are proud to be the sixth oldest opera company in the country— continuing to assure that a great city like Milwaukee has a great opera company. The Florentine is more engaged in the community than ever before, providing great opera on stage, in schools and throughout the Milwaukee community. It takes a chorus of supporters to continue creating to great opera, both on and off the stage. That is why we have made it our goal within the next two years to build a Chorus of A Thousand Supporters , dedicated to giving voice to our mission of deepening roots within the Milwaukee community and beyond. More than 700 gifts last season made our work stand out — on stage, in schools, and in the community. Just imagine how much voice we could give to our mission with a chorus of a thousand supporters! No voice is too big or too small, so consider echoing your passion for opera with a gift today.
Each contribution, great or small, is vital to our mission, to assure a great city like Milwaukee has a great opera company. Your gift to our Annual Fund enhances our work on stage, in schools, and in the community.
Leave A Legacy
Share your love of opera with the next generation! A planned gift is a powerful way to ensure the Florentine continues as an outstanding performing arts organization for generations to come.
Sponsoring a Florentine Opera production or performance is a great way to connect your business with our larger-than-life talent, with visibility and recognition to match. A wide range of opportunities awaits!
Your spare change can make a big change for us!
Allow your generous tax-deductible gift to be doubled or even tripled with the help of a corporate match.
Learn more »
There are so many other ways to give:
- Commemorate a loved one or special occasion with a special gift
- Sponsor an artist, performance or event
- Get involved as a volunteer
Productions & programs of the Florentine Opera Company are supported in part by a grant from the Wisconsin Arts Board with funds from the State of Wisconsin and and the National Endowment for the Arts with additional support from Wisconsin Public Radio (our statewide media sponsor) . Download FlorentineOpera 2011-12 Annual Report